Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lake Days: Throwback to Summer

"Vacations are more than vacations. Vacations are the act of grabbing minutes and hours and days with both hands, stealing against the inevitability of time. I want to sock away memories like gold coins because I'm going to need them someday to get me through the years. There will be a day when our family as we know it will no longer exist, and I want to know in that moment that I wasn't at the office or doing dishes when I could have been walking on the dock with my dad, when I could have been drinking tea and eating ginger cookies on the porch with my mom. I don't want to be building my bank account or my dream house, when I could be making crackers and cheese for dinner because we were on the boat till way after the shops closed, sunburnt, and sandy, and windblown, and happier there and together than anywhere else with anyone else." Shauna Niequist 

I must just be dreaming of summer. I pulled out my external hard drive to start blogging portrait sessions from last fall, and for some reason I opened up the "June" folder and started looking at pictures from the lake. So I decided to blog them. Because who doesn't love a little taste of summer in the middle of a midwest winter? The weekend at the cabin is one of my very favorite weekends of the year. Just our family together for the weekend. Friday night all you can eat tacos at the Blacksmith, late night games, roasting marshmallows around the bonfire, long days on the lake. Basically the definition of wonderful.












{and as with age, you choose your own way among the many faces of a busy world,
may you always remember the paths that lead back to the important places}










No comments:

Post a Comment