Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Lately

Well, since it's the last Thursday in May, I figured I had better post this month's installment of "The Lately".

Goal: Read a book a month, read through the Bible in a year.
Currently Reading: "Follow Me: A Call to Die, A Call to Live" by David Platt, and the book of 2 Chronicles in my Bible in a year plan

Goal: Memorize the Sermon on the Mount
Currently Memorizing: Matthew 5:40-42 "And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."

Goal: Pray through the Voice of the Martyrs "Persecuted World" Calendar
Currently Praying for: Iraq, Jordan, and Kuwait

I fell a little behind on reading/memorizing when I was in Thailand, so I'm working on catching up. I figured I would be able to get some good reading time on the airplane rides, but on the way out, I met Leah in Chicago and we made the rest of the treck together, and then on the way home, I was with Leah and Nathanael until Seoul, and then I couldn't keep my eyes open for the life of me on the ride from Seoul to Chicago.

Miscellaneous Items of Interest:

-I'll be very happy when the sun decides to shine again.

-The "Spring Swing" was last Saturday. We raised $2,258.87 for Metro Women's Center.

-I realized the other day that I don't have a free weekend until the middle of August.

-Thanks to Phil my computer is no longer telling me that my "drive is critically low on space". I can actually import my photos into Lightroom again.

-I miss House of Grace, and our team, and Thai food. I just got an email from American Airlines with the subject line "Dreaming of a Getaway? It read my mind. Definitely want to go back sometime.

-I graduated from college a year ago last weekend. Seems crazy it's been a year. In that year I've spent 3 weeks at BPS, started a new job, shot my first wedding, and traveled to Thailand. It's been a good year.

-Flights to El Paso are sky-high. I'm really hoping they go down before I have to book my ticket for BPS in July.

-I'm looking forward to hanging out with Nikkia later this afternoon. It's been a long time.

-Dan and I are shooting a wedding on Saturday. Nerves and excitement rolled into one. Hoping it doesn't rain.










No comments:

Post a Comment