Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Lately

Goal: Read a book a month, read through the Bible in a year.
Currently Reading: Still working through "Culture Shock: Thailand" a little bit. Trying to push through at least the main points before I leave. Also reading "Kisses from Katie, A Redemptive Story of Love and Redemption" by Katie Davis, and the book of 2 Samuel in my Bible in a year plan.

Goal: Memorize the Sermon on the Mount
Currently Memorizing: Matthew 5:29-30 "If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell."

Goal: Pray through the Voice of the Martyrs "Persecuted World" Calendar
Currently praying for Eritrea

Miscellaneous Items of Interest:

-I currently have a horrible case of spring fever. I was not very happy about all this new snow. I'm reeeaallly hoping it melts soon.

-I started running with Dan a couple of nights a week. It was one of my goals to run three times a week once the weather got "decent". Hopefully the air will get a little warmer soon though. The cold air just burns my lungs.

-Mom and I are heading to Milwaukee for Nikkia's graduate recital this weekend. It's going to be super fun to hear her play, and hang out for the weekend. Plus, Mom and I are going to do some antiquing along the way, so it should be a fabulous time. :)

-I leave for Thailand in 17 days!!! It's crazy how fast it's coming up. The "Thailand box" is turning into the "Thailand corner", as I get more boxes in the mail and start to separate what goes in my carry-on, and what goes in my suitcase. I'm having a lot of fun learning the ins and outs of video.  Looking forward to making a difference in the lives of the little girls at House of Grace.

-Keeping busy doing behind-the-scenes marketing work for the Alban project. If you haven't already, you should check it out. 

-I just finished reading The Hobbit a couple of nights ago. I'm now even more excited for the rest of the movies to come out. :)

-Kept score at the Twins game Dan and I went to last Wednesday...looking forward to getting back to my job on May 13 when the Normans' season starts!

I think that does it for this update. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment