Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Twin Cities Bridges

Well, this post is only about four months in coming, but I thought I would post it anyway. Way back in March, my uncle took Dan, two of my cousins and me on a tour of Twin Cities bridges. We had a fun afternoon together enjoying a beautiful spring day. Enjoy!

 We started off at Union Depot with a self-portrait

 In order for a bridge to make the tour cut, it had to span the Mississippi River. In all, I believe that we visited 24 bridges. 

 Okay, so there's a bit of a story behind this picture. Notice the incredibly cheesy grins on all our faces (I know, it's kind of hard not to)? Well, a very long time ago, I was a fan of A.J. Pierzynski (It was when he was the Twins catcher...I'm no longer a fan, so don't hold it against me...) Anyways, I had come across a picture of him and his wife in a Twins magazine, and his wife had an incredibly cheesy grin and huge buggy eyes in the photo. Ever since then, all it takes is one of us to say, "Lisa Pierzynski smile" and this is the result. =D

We thought that this was an appropriate sign to take Leah's picture by considering that she had just fallen in the mud. ;)


Since we were on a bridge tour, we thought we should have a group picture with a bridge in the background. Mission (sort of) accomplished. 













No comments:

Post a Comment