Friday, July 8, 2016

Back to Ecuador



My suitcases are packed, and by the time you're reading this I'll be on the first leg of my trip back to South America. Am I excited? Yes, absolutely. I can hardly wait to be reunited with our translators (my "Ecuadorian Family"), and my camp kids. I'm also super excited about the lessons we will be teaching the kids this year. It's all about discovering who God is - the fundamental, solid foundation of Christianity. It is our desire to make much of God, and help these kids see Him for who He is. Another thing that is going to make this summer's visit so very special, is that I will get to meet one of the little girls I sponsor through Compassion International.

I'm going back with a more realistic view than I had last summer. I'm going back knowing that there will be hard times. Times when I just want to be by myself. Times when I feel like my heart is breaking apart. Times when I just want to go home. Times when I just want some more sleep. But I'm also going back knowing that it's when I'm past my breaking point, when I have to say "God, this is all you, because I've got nothing right now", that some of the sweetest victories come.

If you think of it, would you please pray for our team? Pray for energy to keep up with the kids that we will be working with. Pray for unity among our team. Pray for health. Pray for strength for our translators - they often work 3-4 times as much as any given team member. Pray for open hearts for the kids. Pray that we would make much of God. Pray for our safety - it's about an 8-hour bus ride from Quito to the coast. Pray that God's love will overflow out of each one of us.

There will be updates when I get back. While I'm gone, you can follow the adventure on Instagram - @meaganwanschura and @globalencounter

No comments:

Post a Comment