Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Adventuring: Los Angeles

So once upon a time, one of my best friends married this awesome guy. The only problem is, he took her off to Los Angles. Which is a long way away from Minnesota. But I guess I'll forgive him. Because it turns out that LA is a pretty fabulous place to visit. 

In a moment of weakness while he was still at Ellerslie, I talked Dan into joining us for the weekend. Oh the fun we had!

I'm incredibly jealous of any library that has palm trees outside of it.

I just think these trees are so cool. I love the way the sun shines through the leaves.

On Friday we explored Burbank. Jordan is a film composer, so he took us on a drive-by tour of all the big studios.

On Saturday, we packed a picnic lunch and headed up to Malibu. 

The 35 MPH winds confined our picnic to the car, but they sure made the waves look cool!


Where the oceans meet the mountains...happy sigh


Driving up the Pacific Coast Highway was a highlight. It's absolutely stunning at every turn.

On our way back down the coast, we stopped in Santa Monica. I loved the view from this street - Ocean Avenue - palm trees lined the boulevard and the ocean in the background.

Thankfully, it wasn't as windy in Santa Monica, so we were able to sit and enjoy the view.



The light shining through the bottom of the pier was so rich. It was just begging for someone to have their picture taken in it. :)

So my fabulous brother obliged. 




"The Smolder" 


I think I could get used to the whole "living by the ocean" thing...


I had seen pictures of the pier on Pinterest, and knew I wanted to grab some shots of it. It's so fun and whimsy with all the bright colors.





 It was an absolutely *perfect* beach day. Sunny with temperature in the low 80s.

We stayed to watch the sun set.
 More palm trees, just because...


After church on Sunday we walked around the campus of USC. The architecture is amazing. The film buildings look like they belong somewhere in Europe.  

We also got to see the Space Shuttle Endeavor. Pretty amazing that this ship has been to space! It's huge!

Oh Nikkia, we miss you so much here! That "hey can we come visit in January?" might just have to become a yearly tradition. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment