Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Lately...


‎"So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act." -Dr. Seuss

It's a great balancing act alright! These past few weeks I've felt totally swamped! First was Josh and Allie's wedding and then I came home to a newborn shoot, four senior studio shoots, and video homework for Thailand. It's been crazy, but I love it!  Hoping to get back to my normal blogging routine next week. 

Goal: Read a book a month, read through the Bible in a year:
Currently Reading: Culture Shock: Thailand, A Guide to Customs and Etiquette by Robert and Nanthapa Cooper, and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (Hey, after a few pages of the Thailand book, you really need a lighter read!) - The book of Joshua, for my Bible-in-a-year plan.

Goal: Memorize the Sermon on the Mount
Currently Memorizing: Matthew 5:21-22, "You have heard it said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgement.' But I say to you that everyone who is angry at his brother will be liable to judgement, whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire." 

Goal: Pray through Voice of the Martyrs "Persecuted World" calendar
Currently praying for: Well, I have to admit, I've fallen behind in this. And it bugs me. Why is it so easy to forget that there are Christians suffering around the world? I'm going to try to get back on track and pray for China and Columbia this week. 

Miscellaneous Items of Interest:

I'm really, really looking forward to Spring. It was so nice to be in Kentucky for a few days...it was sunny, grass was showing, and Spring was in the air. I can't wait until it comes around up here!

Thailand Update: Leaving in a month and a half...craziness! Nearly all funds raised...also crazy. God is faithful, and I have amazing family and friends. Just finished up a typhoid fever vaccination. I'm starting to accumulate some stuff in a box in my room. Sometimes I come home to find my mom has picked up random snacks for me to bring. :) And, if your looking at the photo, yes, that is lice shampoo. I was told to bring it. Really hoping it's effective. :/ And, if you're wondering why I'm bringing toilet paper...one of my uncles, who's travelled to Thailand a few times told me to bring a roll. He said I might not end up needing it...I'm not taking chances. 

We're having a family dinner tomorrow night. We're having tacos and root beer floats, and playing games. It's going to fabulous.

The Lost Elevator premieres next Friday!!!!! So excited for that. If you haven't already, you should put it on your calendar. www.thelostelevator.com for all the details.



No comments:

Post a Comment