Thursday, January 17, 2013

Project: Thailand


Happy Thursday, Friends! I'm excited to tell you about an opportunity that I have been presented with. In late April, the Institute of Photographic Studies will be traveling to Chiang Rai, Thailand to work with a ministry called House of Grace, and they have asked me to go along with the team! House of Grace is a home for tribal girls at risk of being sold into sexual slavery. Throughout their 25-year history, House of Grace has worked to rescue hundreds of girls before the horrors of child prostitution becomes a reality. They currently house 100 girls ranging in ages 4-23. During our stay with House of Grace, we will be serving them by putting together a promotional video for them to use to raise support in the United States. In a nut-shell, we'll be telling to story of House of Grace through interviews with the girls and showing what life is like there. We hope this will help House of Grace not only continue serving the girls they already house, but so that they can also expand their ministry to help more girls.

In one of my college classes last year, I was shocked to learn that there are more people enslaved today than at any other point in history. I am currently reading a book called Undaunted by Christine Caine. In her book she gives some horrifying accounts of what life is like for a girls who are trapped in the human trafficking industry. It makes me sad to think of little girls living in such horrible conditions. As I think about travelling to Thailand, I am excited that I could play a small part in ending this  atrocity.

Signing up for the trip was one of the most terrifying and at the same time exciting things I've ever done. The trip is around $4,200. I don't have $4,200. But, after praying about it, and talking with my parents we decided that I should take a leap of faith and trust God to provide the funds. After I signed up for the trip, I noticed the verse that was on our perpetual calendar for the day: Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." It was a great reminder that God is faithful and will provide my needs.

If you would like to parter with me, I would be extremely grateful for your support. Currently, all the proceeds of photo sessions booked, will go to my Thailand fund. It's a great way to not only get some portraits, but also impact the lives of little girls half a world away. Thank you for your consideration! I'm excited to see how God is going to provide!




No comments:

Post a Comment