Monday, January 2, 2012

1,000 Gifts

In my last post, I shared an excerpt from Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience. The paragraph challenged readers to start recognizing the ordinary gifts God gives us everyday. (The goal is to reach 1,000 gifts). I've decided to take up that challenge in 2012. Normally, my blog has been quiet on Mondays, but now I'm going to use Mondays as an opportunity to look back on the previous week and reflect on the gifts God gave. I hope you enjoy the new series, and I would encourage you to start counting on your own.  


"Gratitude for the seemingly small and insignificant, this is the seed that plants the giant miracle in the midst of it all. So count the ways He loves. A thousand. More. Never stop. So that when you wake in the morning you can't but help unfold your hands to the heavens...Because this is how you spend your one life well, receiving each moment for what it really is: holy, ordinary, amazing grace, a gift."


So, here goes...


1. The Word becoming flesh 
2. Emmanuel - God with us 
3. The whole family around the kitchen table 
4. Staying up late playing games
5. An afternoon nap
6. A game of Monopoly (even though mom beat us kids ;) )
7. A pizza and bowling outing with cousins and uncle
8. A late-night showing of "War Horse"




No comments:

Post a Comment