Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today I Feel...

Gratitude


As I alluded to in an earlier post, I spent last weekend up at Storybook Lodge in Biwabik, MN. It's amazing to me how when I have some time to pull away from the craziness of everyday life, I start to notice how much I have to be grateful for...even the little things. This past weekend I was grateful for warm sun shining through trees, gorgeous autumn weather, a beautiful lake to kayak on, brilliant colors all around me, looking up and seeing thousands of stars, testimonies, corporate prayer, little children praising God, jamming, three photo shoots (I love my job!), volleyball, bean bag tournaments, my family, my church family...all are gifts from God, but how often I take them for granted. I came across this verse in my devotions the other day, and I thought it fit perfectly.

"Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them they are more than can be numbered." Psalm 40:5

No comments:

Post a Comment