Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mexico!

I had so many pictures when I got back from my trip to Mexico...it took awhile to get them all sorted out and edited. There were right around 1,000 taken on my camera (not all by me). Out of those 1,000, I edited right around  400, and narrowed it down to around 230 to post on the blog...I think it goes without saying that these will be broken up into several posts. Here goes Part 1...

 Our group met up at MSP International Airport on a very rainy Saturday morning at 5:30 am. Us girls stopped to get some coffee to wake us up...the guys...well, they carried our luggage to our gate. ;)

Preparing for takeoff...

Ari doing her morning devotions in the "Wild Blue Yonder"

Inside the entry way to the BPS building

 I think Texas must have the most state pride of any state in the Union...with all the Lone Stars everywhere, you couldn't ever forget you were in Texas.

And of course, a place to hang your cowboy hat.=)

With all the uncertainty surrounding Juarez, a lot of church groups have cancelled their summer trips down to BPS...boy are they missing out. There are quite a few verses painted on the walls about not being afraid. This one is over the hall leading to the girl's dorm.

 There were lots of little Mexican decorations all over the place...I couldn't resist taking shots some of them.

 This is the room the girls stayed in all week. Normally, we would have stayed in a dorm-style room, but since there was only three of us, they gave us this cute little room. It even had a mini refrigerator.


 I know that Montana is "Big Sky Country", but I think that Texas has some pretty big skies too!

 Saturday night after dinner, we went up to a mountain that overlooks El Paso and Juarez...can you tell it was windy?


It was a beautiful view. While we were up there, Mr. Jarvis talked about what we would be doing in the week ahead and we prayed for the people that we would come in contact with.


 Self portrait time! =)

 Dan was starting to get a little frustrated with my self portrait efforts (there are about four more with his head cut off...). He suggested we just ask someone else to take the picture for us...
 ...so we did. Me and my bro on a missions trip with BPS...something we've talked about for years! When I asked Hector to take the picture and handed him the camera, his reaction was pretty funny..."Is this thing a microwave too?" =D


El Paso, Texas in the foreground and Juarez Mexico in the background


 Hector and Mr. Godin

 Mr. Jarvis and Dan

 The three chicas - Ari, myself, and Anna

 So many lights...but so much darkness...so many people that need Christ

 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

2 comments:

  1. My favorite post ever on your blog, Meagan! One question: what is "chicas?" I've never heard that word before, silly as that may sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, L.J.! "Chicas" is Spanish for girls.

    ReplyDelete