Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today I Feel...

Grateful.


Wow! I can hardly believe that my first year of school is complete. It has certainly been quite a ride. Last week I packed up my last box of books and shipped them back to Verity. As I packed the various books and videos back into the box - Management, Supervision, Humanities, English and American Lit, Technical Writing, and others, I couldn't help but be grateful. Grateful for the strength God gave to complete 73 (hopefully 76, pending the results of my speech test) credits over the course of 8 1/2 months. Grateful for the way He provided finances to pay for classes and tests. Mostly though, just grateful for God's faithfulness. So many times throughout the past year, I have felt soooo tired. So many times I have thought, "there is no way I will pass this test". So many times I have just wanted to be done. And now I am done...at least for the next 3 months. I am so looking forward to this break, but I'm also grateful for the year that's been; beacuse I've learned a lot, and not just academically. =) When I was working with the Johannsens, my favorite CD to put on was Chris Rice's "The Hymn Project". Many days when I'd be doing dishes or laundry or playing with the kids, I would hear the words to what has become one of my favorite songs, floating through the house...Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth. Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide. Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."

I especially love the line that says strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessing all mine, with ten thousand beside. Those words have been so true in my life this past year. He has given strength for today, and hope for tomorrow. And besides, that, there are thousands of other blessings that He has given - most of them I probably don't even realize. So, that is what I am grateful for. I am grateful for the blessings from yesterday, the blessings I'm experiencing right now, and the blessings I know God will graciously give tomorrow. Great is Thy faithfulness!


No comments:

Post a Comment